Sunday, 5 February 2012
Old loco chassis
Flushed with the success of having a working chassis I got out another loco that I had been working on - the Judith Edge LMS/BR Jackshaft drive 0-6-0DE. I knew I could put the existing TCS MC2 decoder in the body of the diesel. However, the chassis didn't unscrew from the body cleanly and then I realised the chassis was all pitted.
At this stage I am unsure how much it will clean up or whether the damage has gone too far. I shall take advice and decide what possible cleaning can take place.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Refurbishing Old Wagons
I'm currently embarked on an exercise of getting some old Nine Lines Welshpool wagons ready for transfers and have also been looking clo...
When I was exhibiting Melin Dolrhyd at the Welshpool Gala this year, I was very taken with Martyn Harrison's Castle Caereinion - see the...
Long post alert! The last few weeks have seen some significant activity to get the layout working again. Mostly it went well but there was o...
That was an excellent weekend at the Welshpool & Llanfair Gala. The trains were good, the models were good and the company was excellent...
Post a Comment