Here's an overall view of how it looks. The top fascia has been mounted at the back just to keep it out of the way. That is not the usual position!
Friday, 30 March 2018
Another flurry of activity has taken place. With the Mill building in prototype form it meant the groundwork could be finished off. There were a very messy few evenings where I carved and shaped the polystyrene and then I used up a coupe of tubes of border adhesive and laid down some strips of J Cloth. As that was drying I mixed up some polyfilla, added some brown pain (not enough) and was fairly liberal with the gloopy mix to eliminate a few areas that were still too flat. IT was then left to dry and 48 hours later some of it is still damp but that's fine. The overall effect is pleasing. If I did it a second time I'd blend the right hand side into the backscene better but too late now and it's amazing what you can hide with trees and bushes!
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Refurbishing Old Wagons
I'm currently embarked on an exercise of getting some old Nine Lines Welshpool wagons ready for transfers and have also been looking clo...
When I was exhibiting Melin Dolrhyd at the Welshpool Gala this year, I was very taken with Martyn Harrison's Castle Caereinion - see the...
Long post alert! The last few weeks have seen some significant activity to get the layout working again. Mostly it went well but there was o...
That was an excellent weekend at the Welshpool & Llanfair Gala. The trains were good, the models were good and the company was excellent...
Post a Comment